Why Join WMABA?
Membership Benefits Explained:
The Washington Metropolitan Auto Body Association is a regional collision industry association, currently covering the areas of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington DC. We are recognized both regionally and nationally as the key forum for the exchange of ideas, and improving the professionalism of the collision repairer.
Being a member of WMABA distinguishes you as a Professional. Attorneys join the BAR association, Doctors join the AMA. Joining the association gives professionals in any industry an added level of professional credibility.
COLLISION P.R.E.P. EDUCATION – Included!
- This education series is the premier offering on the East Coast. Through virtual and in-person opportunities, the world-class speakers bring relevant and timely instruction ranging from management to technical expertise to process improvement. Members enjoy this virtual series at no add’l charge, and a generous discount on in-person events.
MONTHLY WATERCOOLER CHATS – Included!
- Members-Only discussion forum for discussing industry concerns and sharing professional insights in a way that strengthens us all; we are better together! Currently held as a virtual forum, convenience is key to this group open platform.
NATIONAL REPRESENTATION – Included!
- WMABA membership is represented at national meetings for the Collision Industry Conference, is an affiliate member of Society of Collision Repair Specialists and Alliance of Automotive Service Providers. We speak on issues that have arisen with vendors, insurers or others to garner possible solutions for local issues, as well as understanding upcoming market trends to share with the members.
- As an affiliate of SCRS and AASP, our members receive special pricing on promotional offerings from these national groups. *In some cases, direct membership may be required
HAMMER & DOLLY – Included!
- Members receive a monthly issue of the nationally-recognized Hammer & Dolly magazine, including feature stories, local and national news.
STATE ADVOCACY– Included!
- The association remains watchful of legislation that may harm collision repairers in all the represented states, even testifying before legislators to support or oppose proposed changes.
- WMABA maintains ongoing dialogue with regulatory agencies, such as the Insurance Commissioners’ offices or Attorney Generals.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP EVENT
- WMABA Members have premier access to the annual membership dinner, held winter of each year, to get updated on association business, elections, and at times have special featured presenters. (This dinner is cost-only or free, depending on meal prices)
WMABA WEBSITE / SOCIAL MEDIA – Included!
- wmaba.com and the Facebook Group are active with discussion and information for members. Other members can share their posts as well!
NEWSLETTER – Included!
- This communication is the best news locally and nationally, to keep you abreast of what’s most important. Staying connected to what WMABA leadership knows is vital to your business is easy when you get it straight to your inbox!
HANDSOME PLAQUE – Included!
- Members receive a wall plaque which has annual magnetic year buttons to show your support of the association. This is an attractive addition to any customer lobby, showcasing your professionalism.
WMABA GOLF OUTING
- The golf outing is the outdoor event of the year! Members receive a discounted rate on team or individual entry to this event that raises monies for our Jerry Dalton Memorial Education Fund, used to fund educational opportunities for the industry or local schools.
RESOURCES / SUPPORT / DOCUMENTATION*
We all face situations when a helping hand proves invaluable. WMABA’s network of contacts and resources are available to help resolve just about any issue a shop could face. Many members find this to be the biggest benefit of membership; we are just a phone call away!
Questions? Contact Jordan Hendler, Executive Director
804-789-9649 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org